- Never, ever snapshot, never pause, and never clone via vmware client
- Educate yourself on your backup solution and it's AD backup capabilities
- Time Sync, is still very important. Insure your host is sync'd or setup external time source
- vmtools client, if stopped/crashed can cause time issues
- Make sure you can restore, not just backup. Backups are useless if you can't restore. The right backup solution will auto-verify the integrity
- Anti-affinity, make sure your DC's don't end up on the same host.
Tips, tricks, and scripts for Admins on the run. Also this serves a a brainless repository for me when I know I'll need it later.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Best practices: Virtual Active Directory Domain Controllers
Here's a number of best practices for virtual domain controllers:
Posted by Peter Wood at 2:51 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment